Advanced Yoga Teacher Training
Level 2 Hatha / Vinyasa 300-hr
BALI, DECEMBER 2 – 29, 2019
Directed by Tanya Popovich ERYT-500, Yoga Acharya (Master of Yoga), this teacher training course is a combination of years of experience, expertise, and thousands of hours of training in various systems concentrated into a one-month long transformational experience.
Advanced Yoga Teacher Training is for those teachers and practitioners who want to advance both their practice and their career. Advanced Yoga means moving beyond the scope of asana and physical into a more integrated practice. It means living in a world with more alignment and peace, using power versus force both in life and on the mat. But it also means acquiring proficient skills in teaching those deeper aspects of yoga according to your student’s needs in a way that is inspiring and effective.
This Advanced Yoga Teacher Training course will give you the skills to become a community leader, inspirational teacher, and a skillful practitioner and professional. Students will refine skills such as teaching, assisting, alignment, intelligent sequencing as well as integrating subtle aspect of yoga and yogic lifestyle into their practice. If you feel like it’s time to deepen your knowledge, challenge your practice, and develop your own voice as a yoga teacher, then this course is right for you!
We are a Yoga Alliance Registered School.
Graduates will be able to register with Yoga Alliance at the RYT-500 Level upon completion of the program.
- 200-hr Teacher Training Diploma,
- Interview with Tanya Popovich,
- Prior minimum 2 year teaching experience is advised.
07:30 – 09:30: Morning Pranayama, Asana, Meditation
09:30 – 11.00: Breakfast
11:00 – 14:00: Teaching Methodology
14:00 – 14:30: Short Break
14:30 – 16:30: Lecture
*Two evening class or lecture per week
*One day lecture free per week
- Asana (Alignment, energy movement, preparatory, strengthening, counter, assists, variations, modifications, props, transitioning, sequencing, miscellaneous)
- Vinyasa Krama (intelligent and orderly sequence of practices from beginning to end according to desired effect)
- Pranayama (Basic Breathing Methods, Expanding the Breath Capacity, Balancing, Tranquilizing, Energizing, Asana, Bandha and Mudra relevant to Pranayama, levels and progression)
- Bandha (Granthis, Jalandhara, Uddiyana, Moola and MahaBhandha. Application in Asana and Pranayama)
- Shatkarmas (neti, dhauti, nauli, basti, kapalbhati, trataka, relationship to Doshas and advanced yogic practices)
- Relaxation Techniques
- Qualities of effective and inspiring teaching (language and voice, verbal vs physical adjustments, touch and art of assisting, observation and demonstration, intelligent sequencing according to theme, level and desired effect, themed course curriculums, practical application of anatomy, kinesiology and the biomechanics)
- Subtle Anatomy (in depth study of Prana, Vayus, Nadis, Chakras, Koshas, Gunas, and their applications in yoga classes)
- Philosophy of Yoga, Lifestyle and Ethics for Teachers of Yoga
- Mantras, Meditation and Chanting
- Diet of a Yogi
- Business of Yoga profession (establishing oneself, gaining financial livelihood, effective marketing, planning, organizing, advertising for success, managing/owning a yoga studio)
- Practice (teaching, assisting, observation, mentor-ship)
The whole curriculum will be a combination of a trainee’s practice, theory and direct mentor-ship in form of constructive feedback. Students will be required to attend, teach, observe and assist: yoga classes, pranayama, meditation and relaxation sessions, teaching methodology, philosophy lessons and actively participate in daily Satsang and Karma Yoga.
There will be reading and writing assignments during the training program, . A final written and teaching project will be given at the end of the program. Each participant will be closely mentored.
Satsang means “to be in the company of truth and wisdom”. As such it can mean study, contemplation, group discussion and sharing, sound meditations and *chanting, *karma yoga, and other activities that raise our vibrations, lift our spirits and open our minds. We will study, read and contemplate on scriptures of ancient enlightened beings and modern teachers while also discussing how can we transfer their essence in our daily lives.
*Chanting is a practice of repeating a mantra out loud. It develops very clean vibration, lifts the spirits and opens the heart.
*Karma Yoga is a practice of selfless service. It is a way to reach Oneness, as the work is done as an offering without any thought for personal benefit. When needed students take part in the work for the smooth functioning of the community.
Early Bird €2650/person (payed in full by October 12, 2019)
Regular Price €2850/person (payed in full by November 1, 2019)
Early Bird €2250/person (payed in full by October 12, 2019)
Regular Price €2450/person (payed in full by November 1, 2019)
*There are only 10 Single rooms and 4 Double Rooms (18 persons max), please book early to avoid disappointment.
The training cost includes accommodation at a luxury resort in Ubud, breakfast, tuition fees and teacher training manual. Due to a wide diversity of dietary preferences other meals are not included in the program. Students can enjoy their meals at the resort’s restaurant or in Ubud, according to their preference. Arrival on December 2nd by 5 pm and departure on December 29th at 10 am. One day a week will be lecture free.
Deposit of €500 along with your application is needed to hold your spot on the training.