Yoga Teacher Training
Level 1, 200-hr
Sep. 7, 2019 – June 21, 2020
Swaha Yoga Center and the Giant Yogis Project
Swaha Yoga Teacher Training is based on Hatha and Vinyasa Yoga, so that upon completion of this program the trainees can include any kind of audience and adopt the teachings according to the student’s needs.
Directed by Tanya Popovich ERYT-500, Yoga Acharya (Master of Yoga), this teacher training course is a combination of years of experience, expertise, and thousands of hours of training in various systems concentrated into a one-month long transformational experience.
Swaha Yoga is registered with Yoga Alliance at a 200-hr and 500-hr level.
Training is based on tradition and classical Yoga in its core as it draws from ancient yogic texts such as the Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita, Vedanta, Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Tantric Yoga, and other. At the same time modern teachings are incorporated into the methodology such as the biomechanics of the body, therapeutic alignment and intelligent sequencing etc. This ancient and modern science is embodied in daily practice, on and off the mat.
Part I (100 hrs)
SEP 7 & 8, 14 & 15 | OCT 19 & 20 | NOV 2 & 3 | DEC 7 & 8, 14 &15
Part II (100 hrs)
FEB 29 | MAR 1, 7 & 8, 21 & 22 | MAY 23 & 24, 30 & 31 | JUNE 13 & 14, 20 & 21
Students can follow classes during their training at Swaha Yoga Center and the Giant Yogis Project at a discounted price package. Please contact the respective centers for class packages.
Philosophy and Yogic Lifestyle
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali – study of the text and commentary
- BhagavadGita – study of the text and commentary
- Basic concepts of Vedanta Philosophy and Tantra
- Kundalini Yoga and Subtle Anatomy: Prana, Nadis, Chakras, Granthis, Bandha
- The Four Paths of Yoga: Karma, Bhakti, Raja, Jnana
- Kriyas – the cleansing techniques
- Nutrition for the yogis
- Introduction to the main body systems and the effects of asana and pranayama on these systems
- Focus on skeletal and muscular systems and their functions
- Therapeutic Alignment and Body Biomechanics
- Common injuries and how to prevent and address them
- Creating safe and anatomically beneficial sequences
Asana, Pranayama, Meditation
The morning lesson is dedicated to your personal practice. The afternoon practice consists of your practice and learning how to teach. The daily in-depth practice includes:
- Basic Warm Ups
- Sun Salutations and Variations
- Basic, medium and advanced yoga asanas
- Postural alignment
- Benefits and contraindications of asanas
- Vinyasa Krama
- Intelligent Sequencing
- Injuries, special population, and variations
- Deep relaxation techniques
- Pranayama – basic and intermediate breathing techniques
- Meditation guidelines and practice
- In depth study and practice of all Asana groups and their alignment and biomechanics
- Instructing Asana with alignment and breath
- Sun Salutations
- Hand on Assists for all Asana groups
- Intelligent Sequencing
- Vinyasa Krama
- Creating and teaching sequences according to the level, theme or other special emphasis
- Creating and teaching a Hatha or Vinyasa class
- Use of props and Asana variations
- Teaching Pranayama and Meditation
- Language and tone of voice
- Seat of a teacher and creating safe environment
- Guided relaxation techniques
- Injury and modifications for special population
- Addressing challenging situations
Satsang means “to be in the company of truth and wisdom”. As such it can mean study, contemplation, group discussion and sharing, sound meditations and *chanting, *karma yoga, and other activities that raise our vibrations, lift our spirits and open our minds. We will study, read and contemplate on scriptures of ancient enlightened beings and modern teachers while also discussing how can we transfer their essence in our daily lives.
*Chanting is a practice of repeating a mantra out loud. It develops very clean vibration, lifts the spirits and opens the heart.
*Karma Yoga is a practice of selfless service. It is a way to reach Oneness, as the work is done as an offering without any thought for personal benefit. When needed students take part in the work for the smooth functioning of the community.
We offer the opportunity to our students to repeat the same training at any point in the future free of tuition fees. For residential trainings only accommodation and food will apply. In addition, our graduates get a 10% discount on all future trainings (Advanced Yoga Teacher Training, Yin Yoga Teacher Training, Aerial Yoga Teacher Training). We wish for you to keep on growing and evolving as we do!