Advanced Yoga Teacher Training
Level 2 Hatha / Vinyasa 300-hr
* This training is 300 hour Advanced training and will qualify you to receive 500 hour certification with Yoga Alliance.
* Prerequisites: 200 hour teacher training, interview with Tanya Savitri Popovich – training director, prior teaching experience, dedicated personal practice, inspiration, passion and mindfulness.
Advanced Yoga Teacher Training is for those teachers and practitioners who want to advance both their practice and their career. Advanced Yoga means moving beyond the scope of asana and physical into a more integrated practice. It means living in a world with more alignment and peace, using power versus force both in life and on the mat. But it also means acquiring proficient skills in teaching those deeper aspects of yoga according to your student’s needs in a way that is inspiring and effective.
Directed by Tanya Popovich ERYT-500, Yoga Acharya (Master of Yoga), this teacher training course is a combination of years of experience, expertise, and thousands of hours of training in various systems concentrated into a close mentor-ship type of a training.
This Advanced Yoga Teacher Training course will give you the skills to become a community leader, inspirational teacher, and a skillful practitioner and professional. Students will refine skills such as teaching, assisting, alignment and intelligent sequencing when it comes to their Hatha and Vinyasa practice. An ongoing theme throughout the training will be Chakra Sadhana, practice that lets us integrate an esoteric aspect of yoga and yoga psychology into our daily life, practice, and teaching. We will delve a little deeper into the philosophy and ethics of a student / teacher relationship. We will practice systematically basic, intermediate and advanced pranayama practices. Finally, in the last week, we will focus on Yin Yoga methodology while keeping an ongoing Hatha, Vinyasa, and Chakra Sadhana.
If you feel like it’s time to deepen your knowledge, challenge your practice, and develop your own voice as a yoga teacher, then this course is right for you!
We are a Yoga Alliance Registered School. Graduates will be able to register with Yoga Alliance at the RYT-500 Level upon completion of the program.
Hatha and Vinyasa Yoga
- Asana – Focus on Alignment and Energy movement
- Sequencing / Vinyasa Krama – Intelligent and orderly sequencing according to the desired effect: physical anatomy, energetic anatomy, philosophical theme, class level.
- Developing Workshop / Course / Retreat progressive sequences
- Hands on Assists
- Basic Breathing Methods
- Expanding the Breath Capacity
- Balancing, Tranquilizing, Energizing Pranayama
- Pranayama Sequencing and Intelligent Progression
- Intermediate Pranayama and Bandhas
- Advanced Pranayama
- In depth study of the Chakras and practical applications. Each of the six major Chakras we are going to look at corresponds to our physical body, our mental and emotional make-up and aspects of our mundane life. In other wor4ds, this is an in-depth sadhana that affects our psychology and physicality.
Philosophy, Ethics and Psychology
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali (verse by verse)
- The Bhagavad Gita
- Vedanta Philosophy
- Ethics of Yoga
- Psychology of student / teacher relationship
- Psychology through the system of Chakras
- Yin Yoga History and Philosophy
- The necessity of Yin practices in a Yang lifestyle
- Principles of Yin Yoga
- Yin Yoga Asana
- Meridian Philosophy
- Chakra Sadhana in Yin Yoga
- Sequencing Yin Yoga classes
- Japa Meditation
- Meditations from the Tantras
- Chakra Sadhana
- Progressive Relaxation
- Yoga Nidra
- Pratyahara Practices
- In-depth asana alignment and sequencing
- Pranayama sequencing
- Qualities of effective and inspiring teaching (language and voice, verbal vs physical adjustments, touch and art of assisting, intelligent sequencing according to theme, level and desired effect, themed course curriculums, practical application of biomechanics)
- Chakra Sadhana and application in yoga classes
Students will practice teaching:
- Hatha, Vinyasa and Yin Yoga classes
- Pranayama, Meditation and Relaxation Techniques
- Hands on Assists
- Chakra Sadhana
This intensive 300hr Advanced Yoga Teacher Training will take place alongside a 200hr training. Some classes will be shared with a 200hr training such as the morning practice, meditation, pranayama, and the teaching methodology and philosophy classes that are relevant to both groups. Other classes such as intermediate and advanced pranayama, chakra sadhana, Yin yoga, philosophy and methodology specific to the Advanced Training will take place separately.
DATES & LOCATIONS
October 30, 2022 – November 26, 2022
Blue Elephant Hotel & Spa, Almirida
Crete Island, Greece
Super Early Bird €2750 (Full payment by Sep. 5, 2022)
Early Bird €2950 (Full payment by Sep. 20, 2022)
Regular Price €3250 (Full payment by Oct. 20, 2022)
All prices are based on a shared double occupancy and include accommodation at the luxury Blue Elephant Hotel, daily brunch buffet, tuition fees and the teacher training manual.
Deposit of €500 along with your application is needed to book your spot on the training. Availability is limited, please book early to avoid disappointment. Please read our cancellation policy.
We offer the opportunity to our students to repeat the same training at any point in the future free of tuition fees. For residential trainings only accommodation and food will apply. We wish for you to keep on growing and evolving as we do!